Thursday, July 29, 2010

When it comes to hair...

Do you splurge? Its not always convenient to head to the salon to buy a new bottle of shampoo, or conditioner. It may not be worth it at all when we have drugstores that have numerous shelves overflowing with such products at nearly a fraction of the price. But when saving money do you actually damage your hair? I have been coloring my hair for ages, I can't even describe how much damage my hair has sustained. Unfortunately it's a habit that I cannot break, I love my dark hair :D, and why should anyone be forced to sacrifice color for the sake of hair health? I have seen commercials that advertise that their range has shampoo formulated for curly, straight, fine and colored hair. Umm, HELOO! what if I have curly & (here's a shock) colored hair?...needless to say my curiosity led me on an experiment.

I have tried numerous drugstore brands and the results for me have always been the same, my hair ends up dry and feels like its wire, not hair. The cleaning ingredients in those shampoos are too harsh for my hair. They clean my hair too well, stripping it of its oils, which means I have to pile on the products.
(pictures from JOY)
But its summer......I don't want to spend all that time on my hair just to put it in a ponytail because its too hot. And if i let it air dry with no products.....let's not even go there. So I gave salon products a try. And yes, I noticed a difference. My hair is sooooooo much softer, I have noticed less frizz and I have been able to skip the hair products.

Of course, this is not to say that drugstore hair products are horrible, if fact there are some products that do a wonderful job, like hairsprays. All I am saying is that for my hair, those shampoos and conditioners did not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment